Champagne in France is one of the country’s most beautiful regions, particularly for wine lovers. The city of Reimes in one of the best places to stay in the region and there are plenty of 3 star hotels in Reims, France, as well as higher end hotels. The city has plenty of attractions too and excellent transport links to other areas of Champagne. Here are 11 must-see suggestions for anyone visiting this beautiful part of France.
(photo by: Chi King)
1. Visit the 13th century Gothic Cathedral in Reims. Notre-Dame Cathedral is simply breathtaking with its circular stained glass window, called a rose window and its stunning 13th century sculptures.
2. Visit the fascinating museums in Reims. These are in the central historical part of the history and include, art galleries with famous works of art.
3. Do a walking tour of Reims Historical Centre. The entire area is pedestrianized with cobbled streets and stunning buildings.
4. Visit Champagne Pommery in Reims, which is one of the largest Champagne cellars in the city. You can experience the Champagne making process from beginning to end.
5. Visit the vineyards of Champagne. Experiencing the underground crayéres is a must for any visitor to the Champagne region.
6. Visit Sedan, which has the largest chateau Fort in Europe and is absolutely stunning.
7. Take a trip to see the Moet and Chandon cellars in Epernay and enjoy tasting this legendary sparkling wine.
8. Camp on the river Marne. There are plenty of campsites that nestled by the river is spectacular countryside.
9. Go walking in the Champagne-Ardenne region, which has tunning countryside and quaint French villages to visit.
10. Hire a car and take a road trip from Reims to Epernay taking in the wine making regions of Montagne de Reims, Côte des Blanc, and Valée de la Marne.
11. Visit the city of Troyes is in the south of the region of Champagne. The city has 16th-century half-timbered houses that line the pedestrian streets.