Venere.com is one of the world's most respected travel, business and tourism brands. We work with hotels, resorts, B&Bs, holiday houses, cabins and rental apartments all over the globe, in over 30,000 travel destinations.
Being on the cutting edge of the business and tourism industry is of utmost importance to us and we place a huge significance on supporting up-and-coming tourism talent in order to sustain the growth and prestige of our industry.
We created the Venere Scholarship with the aim of fostering talented students who are currently studying business and/or tourism and who show remarkable capacity to one day become an industry leader.
What Is The Venere Scholarship?
The Venere Scholarship offers up to 20 bursaries of $1,000 each to eligible candidates who are currently studying business or tourism in the United States.
If awarded a scholarship, students will have the opportunity to use the bursary for financial assistance in paying for textbooks, course materials, tuition fees and/or living costs.
Who is eligible for the Venere Scholarship?
Eligible students must be studying business or tourism in an approved United States college or university.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the below criteria must be satisfied:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as a student at a US college or university
- Students must be completing a degree, diploma or a similar qualification in business or tourism
- Students should possess a strong aptitude for studies, with the ability to show academic superiority, either by:
- Submitting a transcript of your student grades
- Providing a letter from a relevant faculty member that illustrates your academic excellence
- Students who have previously been awarded the Venere Scholarship are not eligible
In addition to this, you may also demonstrate:
- Specific financial, health or circumstantial difficulties that would be wholly or partially alleviated by the bursary
How Can I Apply?
Applying for the Venere Scholarship is easy. You will need to:
- Obtaining a letter of recommendation from a teacher, tutor or course co-ordinator, or
- Submitting a copy of rencent exam results
- In 500 words or less, explaining why you would be a good candiate including any details of personal disadvantage which would make you eligable for the bursary and how the bursary will assist with your studies.
How are applicants selected?
A total of 20 bursaries of $1000 are available to eligible applicants. The awarding of scholarships is reserved for applications which meet all requirements and are lodged by the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants which meet all requirements can also increase their chances with outstanding grades and well-articulated responses for how the scholarship will assist them with their studies.
How will application be assessed?
Successful applicants are awarded a bursary based on the formal selection criteria which includes:
- A demonstrated commitment to study in business and tourism represented in their grades
- An enthusiasm for the areas of business and tourism outlined in the 500 word response
- Academic record and the applicant's prospects of completing their studies
- Personal circumstances of the applicant and their need for assistance
Can I reapply next year?
All unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply.
The closing date for the Venere Scholarship is August 31st 2014
We are excited to be able to offer this scholarship to students of business and tourism and look forward to hearing from the applicants.