You love traveling and you love sharing your adventures with others. The travel industry is expecting 2014 to be a phenomenal year. Ideas like “creative tourism” and “conspicuous leisure” are guaranteed to make luxury travel all about flaunting your ‘experiences’, rather than flaunting your ‘materialistic wealth’ to represent your social status. But are your travel ideas really worth instagramming?
(photo by: JAM project)
For those who want to indulge in exciting vacations while staying right on trend with the best vacation opportunities, here are some of the hottest travel ideas for 2014.
1. The travel industry has predicted that the Millenials, tourist between the ages of 18 and 30, will grow in number this year. So, if you want your vacations to become a social hit on Instagram, its best to travel to urban destinations rather than take resort vacations, and to pursue personal interests rather than take organized travel tours. It goes without saying that the pictures will definitely be exceptional when you do something outside of the box! So why not booking some spa hotels in Berlin to make all of your friends jealous?
2. Adventure junkies should opt for far-flung destinations that offer them the best of both worlds – a luxurious, relaxing vacation coupled with a chance to get a memorable adrenaline rush. The best selling destinations of 2014 are Maldives, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Cuba and Antigua. Tanzania is another rising star in the tourism industry.
3. Kandolhu Island is expected to become the number one choice with honeymooners. If you are getting married in 2014 you must join the trend!
4. ‘Conspicuous Leisure’ and ‘Creative Tourism’ are the key trends of 2014. It’s all about creating a unique experience and connecting with the locals while vacationing in exotic locations. You can thank social media for these trends; more and more tourists think that their vacationing photographs have become equal to social currency.
5. Luxury travel will still dominate the tourism industry. Hotels in Japan, Europe and USA are enjoying the newfound trend of ‘multi-generational’ luxury travel, where the idea is all about creating memories and trading values while being on a relaxing holiday. And you have to agree; pictures of the whole family vacationing in style are definitely Instagram worthy!
Go ahead; plan your next vacation, and make sure that you capture every exciting moment and share it on Instagram! So, which will be the travel trend you start with in 2014?