Although India is a beautiful country with friendly people, there are many things that people coming from other countries take for granted, about safety issues. As you come out of the airport on landing, you are on a new adventure! So, before you plan your vacation in India, check out these essential tips:
1. It is better to ask for directions and take a prepaid taxi or even a radio cab from one of the registered counters inside the airport.
2. It would also make sense to do an online search for hotels and places to stay before packing your bags.
3. Some of the hotels may seem a little sleazy so stay away. It is better to shell out a little more money, that get into hassles later.
4. Stay away from lonely places after the sun sets. A lot of unsocial elements hang around such places and chances of crimes go up.
5. Do not carry your passport and valuables in a carry bag but wear it next to your skin. So, just in case, your bag gets stolen, your passport is with you. There can be nothing worse than losing your passport in a foreign country.
6. It is also better to divide your money into different places and never carry more than a few dollars/ euros in your wallet. You may find your wallet missing very soon, especially in crowded places!
7. Keep a copy of all your important documents and phone numbers especially of your country’s embassy, with you in case of any emergency.
8. Carry your medicines and list of the generic names of the medicines, in case you need to buy more in India.
9. Instead of keeping a lot of cash, carry traveler’s checks.
10. Be alert in crowds and market places as chances of pick pocketing are high.
Photo of New Delhi originally posted by wili hybrid