Part of the fun and adventure of travelling is exploring new vacation spots. Discovering new spots, experiences and cultures and fun but getting lost on your way there is not. Thankfully, there is a foolproof solution to help you plan your trip. There are travel apps.
(photo by: Jason Howie)
1. One such app is the AFAR Travel Guide App from the AFAR travel magazine. Use the free app to access the magazine’s information packed website, maps and trip suggestions by editors and local experts. There is offline access so you can plan as you go.
2. Another good travel app is Minube where you get trip advice and ideas from those who have actually been there. You can also share your experiences by uploading photos and videos and become part of the 200,000 experiences shared by more than 500,000 globe trotters.
3. A third helpful travel app is Gogobot. This is a unique app that gives you loads of ideas on places to visit based on which kind of traveller you are and the experience you are looking for be it adventure or a varied, fun, family vacation. You get itinerary suggestions which you can pull out when you get there.
4. There is also Viator Tours and Activities. Viator in short is a free app that lets you know about all the budget-friendly accommodation and activities there are in the place you wish to visit. You’ll save a lot with all the deals and discounts. Tripit is another fine app with information on flights, accommodation and changes like delayed flights.
5. A much talked about and app is the Venere App which is designed to give travellers on the go access to the 135,000 accommodation choices that Venere offers. Before booking look at the 1.2m guest reviews in eight languages.
6. Another helpful travel app is Triposo. It has earned the reputation of being the travel guide for the whole world.
7. The free guide creates guides out of content found on open sources such as World66 and Wikitravel including detailed maps. You can download ideas and access them offline as you go.