Honeymoons are so special and a time for you and your spouse to relax, unwind and enjoy each other. Choosing the right location and hotel will ensure your honeymoon is unforgettable. Exotic locations blend rich cultures, with idyllic surroundings, while selected hotel packages are geared towards newly-weds.
(photo by: Sarah_Ackerman)
1. St Lucia is a popular choice for honeymooning couples. Hotels at this destination are designed with romance in mind. Relax in private pools and enjoy amazing panoramic views of stunning beaches, from charming hillside hotels.
2. New Zealand is another favourite, with lovely beaches and natural surroundings. You’ll find a great choice of boutique hotels in New Zealand too.
3. Thailand is another superb destination for newly-weds. You’ll find excellent boutique hotels in this country and a range of beautiful islands. Thailand is a tropical haven, with stunning beaches and verdant gardens to unwind in.
4. All-inclusive resorts and romantic hotels in Cancun, Mexico offer excellent deals for honeymooning couples. This location is diverse, with ancient pyramids, magical lagoons and stunning beaches.
5. The Maldives is a top choice for a range of holiday-makers. Enjoy romantic walks on the sea shore, with your other half, in seclusion. There are a range of luxury hotels in the Maldives, to choose from.
6. Stay at luxurious Bali hotels, Indonesia and enjoy first class services, while experiencing a rich exotic culture and natural surroundings of rice paddies, volcanoes, lakes and sun-drenched beaches.
7. Start your marriage off honeymooning in Belize. This Caribbean island is popular with young couples. This location has gorgeous sandy beaches, mystical Maya temples and verdant jungles.
8. Marrakesh, Morocco has an excitingly rich culture and setting, so magical, mystical and deeply spiritual. Visit hammams, receive traditional massages and a host of pampering services while there.
9. Andalucia, with its wonderful choice of honeymoon resorts and romantic hideaways, blends North African and Spanish cultures, against a backdrop of stunning beaches and awe-inspiring mountains.
10. Paris, with its charm, magnetic allure and romantic hotels, remains a favourite city for newly-weds. There is no better way to spend your first days of marriage than on one of these wonderful romantic retreats.