Planning to take a flight soon?
Although the seeming air travel may look hassle free, sometimes checking out relevant specifications helps to make your trip more enjoyable. So, before you pack and zip your bags, just check out these helpful tips.
1. Check if your flight is a direct flight or non stop flight. Knowing the difference may help you plan like wise. A non stop flight does not stop anywhere till it reaches the destination while a direct flight may stop for refueling on other airports before reaching the destination. This is important, if you are traveling with small kids or old people.
2. You may have a nickname but it is important to always book your ticket in the official name which appears on your license or passport for proper identification.
3. For better comfort, always check out and reserve your seats according to personal requirements or medical necessities. Making your way across other people each time you need to go to the bathroom is inconvenient and irritating to other passengers. In case of a disability or special requirement, inform the airlines in advance.
4. In case, you need to catch a connecting flight from another city before reaching your destination, it is better to book a flight that will give you a few hours at the airport, instead of missing the connecting flight in case of a delay of the first flight.
5. If you are making an international trip, be sure to check your visa and other foreign travel document. Every country has its own regulations for foreign travelers so check them out before boarding the flight.
6. Make sure our luggage looks different than others or have a different identification mark on your suitcase to get faster access and easy identification in the crowd. Get a bright colored suitcases as red ribbons are common now!
7. In case, you are carrying electronic goods, pack them together for faster check out as a manual search might ruin your clothes after an X-ray screening process.
8. Avoid carrying scissors, blades, batteries and knives as they may look suspicious especially in today’s air travel scenario.
9. Don’t overdo at the Duty Free shops as they may not always be cheaper than stores back home. Buying large sized gifts or perfumes/bottles may be difficult to carry back, if your suitcase does not have space. So, save up on space and money.
10. In case you missed the connecting flight, don’t stand in the queue for rebooking but give a call from your cellphone to the concerned airlines customer service department for immediate action instead of working your way through a crowd.
Just a quick read through these tips will help you enjoy your trip better.
Picture of airplane wing originally posted by shoothead